video

Friday, February 29, 2008

The San Fran' Earthquake

My name is Wade "THE MAID" Schmit and I'm think you might be interested in this story I have.On the morning of April 18, 1906 at 5:00 a.m. a dooming earthquake hit my home town of San Francisco. The earthquake ripped it's way 500 miles north to Coos Bay, Oregon the earthquake also stretched 400 miles south to Los Angeles, California. The town of San Francisco got damaged the most, most downtown business district burned down. As you know it was 1906 and we didn't have all the technological stuff, but the stuff we did have got broken or severely damaged. One of my old pictures of me as a child got ripped and torn. Many of my friends and family thought I should get medical attention, so they tried to persuade me to go to the doctor or someplace else. I kept refusing to go get jacked up on medications. After they quit trying I felt I had one monkey off my back. Then I finally got a chance to go get some stuff from the store that I needed that got broken. Meanwhile most people that were in the towns that got damaged were really shocked and moved out of town. I was one of those people that left town. Before I did that I said good-bye to my friends and family that hadn't already moved away to the other country side in hurricane heaven. Now here in the year of 2008 I'm 102 years old and I have a job as a chef in the all to famous Chili's. You are probably still wondering how I got the nickname THE MAID. Well I'll tell you when I was growing up I was what you would call a neat freak. I liked stuff to be my way which was neat, organized, and clean.

No comments: